Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Water Landing and Courtesy Ticket

The day after we started watching the first season of LOST, I flew into Chicago - the day Chicago (and K's parents' house) flooded. It was my third worst flight - a lot of turbulence and we arrived as the really hard rains came. The airport flooded and all planes were put in a holding pattern. So, we circled Chicago in crazy weather for an hour or more. The landing was exciting ... it was pretty choppy, it seemed like we were going really fast, and we couldn't see anything through the clouds. As we came out of the clouds, it appeared that we were landing in a lake. Fortunately, Mary's cousin Mel works for United Airlines and got a few shots.


The return trip was less eventful - but I was quickly reminded of how wacky Canadians are. Apparently, I forgot to lock the car doors when I parked at the airport. When I returned, there was a ticket on the dashboard (inside the car). I sort of panicked because I have become very good at parking in places that earn me tickets. I now consider tickets as part of owning a car. But to my surprise, this one was a courtesy ticket informing me that my doors had been unlocked. The nice Airport Patrol people must have locked the doors for me - because they were locked when I was there. So polite.


No comments:

Post a Comment